Monday, January 2, 2012

Local Bands in 2011

2011 was a banner year for local bands.
Some pretty big bands like the Presidents are local, that's why I get to see them so often. I took the kids to this one.



I consider Portland local.

Dustin's band My Parade got to open for The Ex (I saw them twice):

I saw around 30 bands at Veracity shows and got some good video:

Classic Vera shows like STRFKR, Champagne Champagne and Land of Pines were all local if we include Portland.






I aleady included a bunch of local acts like Lisa Dank, Spaceneedles, Mad Rad, Head Like A Kite, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Kris Orlowski, PUSA, the Globes and so on in my earlier 2011 review too. All that, and I haven't even gotten to the local music festival: Reverb Fest had another 20 local bands in one day.









This doesn't do justice to all of the local shows I saw this year - I saw several hundred - but it's a nice selection. There is an amazing pile of talent in the area playing a wonderful variety of music, we're lucky to have so much available.

No comments:

Post a Comment